What Support and Funding is Available?
Medicaid is health insurance based on income and is a health care program for people with limited income and resources.
Home-and Community-Based Services (HCBS) are Medicaid programs that give you more choices about how and where you receive services. HCBS are for people with disabilities and older Iowans who need services to allow them to stay in their home and be as independent as possible.
On December 29, 2022, President Biden signed the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023 that ends the Medicaid program’s continuous coverage requirement as of April 1, 2023. READ MORE...
Who Qualifies for Medicaid?
• A person who is disabled according to Social Security standards
• An adult between the ages of 19 and 64 and whose income is at or below 133 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
• A person who is a resident of Iowa and a U.S. citizen
Where Do I Apply for Medicaid Funding?
What are Waiver Services?
Iowa currently has seven HCBS Waivers in the Waiver Program:
Health and Disability (HD) Waiver
- Be under age 65
- Be determined disabled by Disability Determination Services
AIDS/HIV (AH) Waiver
- Be diagnosed by a physician as having AIDS/HIV
Elderly (E) Waiver
- Be 65 years of age or older
Intellectual Disability (ID) Waiver
- Have a diagnosis of an intellectual disability by a psychologist/psychiatrist
Brain Injury (BI) Waiver
- Be determined to have a brain injury diagnosis identified in 441 Iowa Admin Code
Physical Disability (PD) Waiver
- Be between the age of 18 through 64 years
- Have a physical disability
- Be ineligible for the HCBS intellectual disability waiver
Home Based Habilitation
How Do I Enroll or Apply for Waiver Services?
Contact HHS (former DHS) for the waiver application here >>
(*The HHS waiver application is within the Medicaid application, beginning in Appendix A of the application.)
If I Have a Qualifying Waiver, How Do I Sign Up For Skyline Services?
Contact Skyline at 563-243-4065 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skyline offers an array of services under the following funding sources:
• Intellectual Disabilities Waiver
• Brain Injury Waiver
• Home Based Habilitation
• Health & Disability Waiver
• Elderly Waiver
• Physical Disability Waiver
• AIDS/HIV Waiver
• Chapter 24 – SCLS
• Eastern Iowa MH/DS Region
• Medicare/Medicaid Home Health Services
• Private Pay/Other Insurances